Applications are open for National Commission on Culture Logo Competition 2021
The National Commission on Culture (NCC) is pleased to announce its new logo competition. This logo will represent the Organization in all official documents and communication tools. Submission deadline: June 30, 2021.
ABOUT NATIONAL COMMISSION ON CULTURE
The National Commission on Culture was established by the Provisional National Defense Council (PNDC) Law 238 in 1990 to manage from a holistic perspective, the Cultural Life of Ghana. The Commission is the main Constitutional body under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, charged with the responsibility of ensuring the smooth implementation of the Cultural Policy of Ghana.
In the performance of this role, the Commission is enjoined among other functions
- Initiate programmes for the dissemination and propagation of ideas for the promotion of national cohesion, integration, solidarity, patriotism and consciousness;
- Advise the Sector Minister on the formation of policies on all aspects of culture and make recommendations for the preservation and protection of natural heritage;
- Supervise the implementation of programmes for the development, presentation, promotion and preservation of Ghanaian culture;
- Promote an educational system that motivates and stimulates creativity and draws largely on positive Ghanaian traditions and values;
- Establish a code of behaviour compatible with the Ghanaian tradition of humanism and a disciplined and moral society;
- Promote national self-reliance and self-sufficiency, and reflect Ghanaian heritage and aspiration in the process of industrialization;
- Collaborate with foreign and international agencies as the Commission considers necessary for the purposes of this Act;
- Act in liaison and co-operation with government agencies, metropolitan/municipal/district authorities and other public or private institutions
in the development, presentation and preservation of the peculiar cultural heritage of the communities;
- Co-ordinate, supervise and regulate the activities and programmes of the various artistic guilds and association;
- To institute studies, research, surveys and analyses into cultural dynamics with the view of performing its advisory role;
- Facilitate the evolution of an integrated national culture which portrays a distinct Ghanaian identity to promote a congenial environment for peaceful development.
Vision: To respect, preserve, harness and use cultural heritage and resources to develop a united, vibrant and a prosperous national community with a distinctive African identity and personality and collective confidence and pride of place among the comity of nations.’
DESIGN REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICS
We are looking for a logo that captures the essence of the National Commission on Culture.
- Design must be based on unique Ghanaian artistic expressions
- It must emphasize Ghana’s traditional cultural values and expressions
- The logo shall be easily recognisable and, as such, should stand out and be different from other logos.
- The design should be in colour, but should also be usable in black & white.
Entries will be judged for the style, creativity and impact of a design that can be used easily on related materials.
We are looking for conceptual relish and knack, of the submitted logo.
PRESENTATION AND FORMAT CHARACTERISTICS:
Logo should be designed on A4 or A3 white paper/fabric.
The logo should be simple to reproduce
Explanation: The Logo must be expressive and easy to understand and interpret; Jury: A broad-based jury of experts will be constituted to assess the entries and identify a winner
Announcement of Winner: The winner will be announced on July 15th, 2021, through the National Commission on Culture’s website and other social media channels.
Call for entries is open to ALL Ghanaians.
For quality and adaptability reasons, kindly submit your entry in encapsulated post script.
Design entries should include your full name, your age, your nationality (Proof of identity such as a copy of your national ID or passport will be required).
Please include a short description in no more than 250 words of how the design represents the subject.
Compensation: 3rd = 1000; 2nd = 1500; 1st = 3000
All entrants who submit a proposal will receive a certificate
The first five winners shall have their works promoted by the NCC for 3 years.
How to Enter Entries:
Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out above. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected. The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number/s and email address of the Entrant (use attached submission form).
Prize winner notification The winner will be announced and the logo revealed on July 15th 2021.